Evetns+ - Tweak Archive Page

My page at https://christiangays.com/events-list/ seems to be taking a long time to load, and until it does, the first item is HUGE! See screenshot.

1. Is there a problem with the coding of the page that it takes so long to load?

2. Is there a way of perhaps specifying the size of the box so that it doesn't open so large?

Thank you.
Support Access is granted.

Rupok

Hi Mary,

Thanks for asking. Let me describe one by one.

1. Is there a problem with the coding of the page that it takes so long to load?

I analyzed your site resources loading time and found that your cache files are taking huge time. So I purged all previous cache files. Now your site is loading super fast on my computer. I've also checked your site speed in pingdom after purging cache. Pingdom also saying that your site is loading in ~4s. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

If it still loads slowly on your end, can you please try clearing the cache and cookies from your browser? I'm asking this because as I purged the cache from your server, your browser might still have some cached data. Clearing cache and cookies should fetch new data from the server and that will render your site faster I believe. Can you also try from a different browser/computer/network and let us know if the loading speed got fast now?

2. Is there a way of perhaps specifying the size of the box so that it doesn't open so large?

Yes. I've added the following custom CSS code on your site and this code will specify the size of the box.

/* Events List Box Height Fix */
    article.eab-event {
        height: 67px !important;
    }

You can change "67px" to your desired height. And it also fixes the first box opening big. Can you please check this and confirm?

Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Rupok

Hi Mary,

Thanks for asking. I've added the following custom CSS Code on your site to load the title on one line from the very beginning:

/* Events Three Lines Title Fix */
    .eab-events-archive article h4 {
        float: left;
        position: absolute;
        margin-bottom: 10px;
    }
    .eab-event-body {
        margin-top: 35px;
    }

Now the titles are loading normally at the beginning. Can you please check and confirm?

While fixing this, I've noticed another issue. That is, some of your content, like the legend image and event date, time, location etc. are loading a second later. I investigated this issue and found that your WP Rocket lazy loading is causing the legend image appear late. Disabling lazy loading fixes this legend image appearing issue, I'm confirming this. And also, you have minification enabled in Hummingbird which is probably causing the date, time and location appearing later but I'm not sure about this.

Can you please temporarily clear all WP Rocket cache and disable WP Rocket and check if it resolves this issue? As this is a critical step and risky, I didn't do it without your permission.

Can you please try this and let us know what happens? I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Mary

Thank you so much Rupok! You are quite right. The issue is wp-rocket. (I don't use Hummingbird).

I disabled and everything loaded perfectly. The interesting thing is that I had the settings in wp-rocket to not cache the following:

/events/
    /events-list/
    /edit-event/
    /events/events-list/
    /events/edit-event/

I have re-activated and am having the same problem. I will write to wp-rocket and ask them to look into it.

I will close this ticket since we know what the problem is. Thank you again so much!