Exactly how do I set up an unsubscribe page for the membership plugin?

I am using the membership plugin.

I thought I had set up an unsubscribe page using the [accountform] shortcode but it is not working and I keep getting e-mails from members who thought they were unsubscribing yet were rebilled.

I am using the 2Checkout gateway with recurring billing.

Please tell me how to set up the page and if I need to do anything on the 2Checkout end.

Thanks,

JoAnn

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya JoAnn,

The Accounts page and [accountform] is for the account profile information. You should also have created a Subscriptions page (Check Membership>Options>Membership Paes) which allows users to upgrade, modify, or cancel their subscription.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• JoAnn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I have a link called 'unsubscribe' which directs them to the 'subscriptions' page, which also has the [accountform] short code on it as well as the [renewform] short code.

This is what they have been using but it is not working.

Is there something else I need to do to make this work?

Thanks,

JoAnn

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

The [renewform] shortcode is correct and what should be used.

Have you tried the process yourself? IE: cancel a subscription and then verify that it's still active in 2Checkout.

We haven't had any reports of this, but obviously if it's an issue we may have to send a developer in there to take a look.

What about the transaction IDs? can you check them and see when this started? Could be a communication error on 2CO's side as well.

• JoAnn

I have been swamped lately, but the issue still exists.

I do need a reliable way for my members to unsubscribe from their paid, recurring billing memberships.

I will start a new thread as soon as I have the time to work with any suggestions.

Love you guys ~ JoAnn

• Cole

JoAnn,

When you start a new thread let me know if your on the latest membership version. You've set up a "Subscriptions" page page I assume. What is visible on the subscriptions page when a user goes to it? No unsubscribe button at all?

• JoAnn

No, there is no 'unsubscribe' button. The Subscriptions page has a short promo video and choices for billing for non signed in visitors. If the member is signed in, I have an 'unsubscribe' link that goes to this same page, but when I go to it when I am signed in I cannot see an 'unsubscribe' button as I am not a paid member.

Obviously other paid members can see it because they have clicked it to unsubscribe, but then I get the dunning e-mails saying that they did unsubscribe but are still getting billed.

http://sisterhoodofsupport.com/subscribe/

Maybe this could be a simple fix here? Am I overlooking the obvious?

Any help will be appreciated. ~ JoAnn

• Cole

No it looks like your doing it correctly. If 2CO is still charging it obvious that something is not making the correct call to the API.

There is one possibility concerning subscription ids and how they match up to the 2CO product ids. Are the issues with unsubscribing consistent? Are some members able to cancel correctly and others not?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.