Exactly what products/services are affected when wpmudev is DOWN ?

due to the recent downtime from wpmudev's website i also noticed a few plugins that were not only inaccessible but were freezing up the site when trying to open ;
specifically ;
SmartCrawl dashboard,
SnapShot dashboard,
HummingBird Pro dashboard,
Defender Pro dashboard,
i can understand obviously not being able to access "The Hub" on wpmudev's site itself,
but plugins within the wp admin were causing freezing.
it would take at least a couple minutes for the site to become responsive again and everywhere else worked perfectly ;
settings, plugins, posts, themes, wp admin dashboard etc.
everywhere except when clicking on wpmudev plugins in wp admin.
thats pretty scary.
it shows that the plugins are completely dependent on your hosting and affects the sites of your customers,

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Amused,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

Plugins that you mentioned to pull some data from our servers, however even if there are issues on our end that shouldn't be affecting your site much, the plugins should just fail to fetch the data and that should be pretty much it.

I also did some tests on my installation by changing the hosts file for premium.wpmudev.org and I did notice a small impact on plugin dashboard load time but nothing major or affecting the entire site.

I did, however, forward this to our developers and sysadmins as well so they can investigate it further and see if I can get some further info from them.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.