exception for W3 Total cache Browser cache?

When Browser cache is enabled with W3 Total Cache, the appointments+ plugin is not functioning. There is an option to add exceptions. Can you tell me what I would need to except in order to maintain browser caching and still use this plugin? Thanks!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Jason,

Hope you’re doing well today!

With W3TC, if you go to: Appointments+ > Page cache. You will find a field that says “Never cache the following pages: ” include the Appointments page there. That should resolve the issue. If you’re still having any further problems can you let us know exactly what isn’t functioning within the plugin? Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,

Tyler

• jason_crawford
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the response Tyler,

Unfortunately, I don’t see what you’re talking about.

If I select “appointments” I go to the appointments listing page. Selecting Appointments > Settings gives me an option to use the built in cache or clear the cache. I’m not using the appointments+ built in cache.

Performance > Page Cache has an option to “never cache the following pages”, but that’s not working either. It’s only the browser cache that is causing problems.

• jason_crawford
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Here’s an update:

I was able to narrow it down specifically to Browser Cache > Media and Other Files > Prevent Caching of Objects After Settings Change.

Since I’m honestly not even sure what that does, I’m ok with leaving it unchecked and moving on with life for now. If someone wants to come in and explain it, that would be great. Otherwise, feel free to mark this as resolved.

Thanks,

Jason

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Jason,

Thanks for updating the thread! I’m actually not totally sure exactly what that does myself; however, if I were to guess I think it’s to prevent settings from being cached so they will actually change when you update them.

With that said, after looking it up, it looks like others have issues with that setting as well so it’s best to just leave it unchecked.

If any further issues arise just let us know!

Cheers,

Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.