Excerpt visible for visitors

Hi,

We would like to combine "membership" and "pay per view". therfor it is important that excerpts are shown to all visitors.

could you give us some hints how we can make "posts" visible for only members but excerpts to everybody?

Many Thanks

• aecnu

Greetings yourmedia_at,

Thank you for the great question.

Though mixing Membership and Pay Per View makes absolutely no sense to me at all and seems like the double whammy though I admit I am not aware of the business model - I will indeed try to help with what I think you want to accomplish.

In this case you should be making your own excerpts by surrounding the protected content with level short codes (i.e. [level1]protectedcontent[/level1] and allowing what you want to be an excerpt not within the parameters of the content within the starting and ending of the protected item.

The Pay Per View plugin also uses shortcodes i.e. [ppv1]protected content[/ppv1] to protect the content though I am not sure if nesting the membership short codes with the pay per view short codes will actually work.

What challenges have you come across trying to implement this?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings yourmedia_at,

Thank you for the additional clarification of the business model.

To do it all in one is also possible by creating excerpts of the visitor level that everyone can see wrapped in the visitor level shortcodes, then the pay per view shortcodes wrapping the rest (pay per view content), and then paid level shortcodes wrapping the same content on the same post which is visible for the paid member level.

Another option of course is making two sites - the one with the Pay Per View plugin and then a separate membership site (part of the MultiSite) but activated just for the sub site with all the content within for the members.

An advertisement at the bottom of each pay per view post so to speak mentioning on how they can get it all for $X if they get a membership.

In any event one of the two mentioned above will certainly make this mission possible.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.