Exclude images from smush

Hi,
We'd like to exclude certain images from (super)smushing (i.e. site logos), without having to go through the manual process (manually optimizing the images that are needed to be optimized-thus skipping the bulk smush)
I don't see that option in the plugin, is there a workaround?
Thanks!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi M,

Hope you're well?

Unfortunately there's no way to deselect images from the bulk smush, so the only way I can think of to do this is the long way of not using bulk smush.

Another way would be to remove the images you want to keep as normal (that have already been smushed), then bulk smush all your images.

Now disable the smush on upload option in the smush settings, upload your logo images again.

Now re-enable smush on upload.

You will need to de-activate smush on upload for any images you don't want to smush before you upload them. Of course this also means you couldn't bulk smush in future. But there's no way of preventing it currently without a fair bit of rewriting of the plugin which wouldn't be feasible.

Regards

• Michael
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Rather than uploading your theme images via Wordpress Upload, use a FTP Client.

Create a folder for them, such as:
    /wp-content/themes/(your theme name)/images/

Then update your Wordpress backend and CSS to point to the new location.

This is now outside of the scope of the Smush plugin and won't be affected (unless you manually included that folder).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.