Exclude just a keyword from a post for auto links

I have a keyword to redirect to a post. That keyword is placed on the content of that post too. With regular behavior of the plugin, the auto link for that keyword is redirecting to the post itself.

Since there are other keywords on the post that are redirecting to other posts, I would like that concrete keyword to be excluded ONLY for that post (if excluding the post, the other keywords are automatically disabled as well).

Would this be possible?

• Ari

Hey Danny

Hope you are well today!

With regular behavior of the plugin

There are two ways you can set the link for redirection:
    1: Absolute URL, like: http://domain.com/post-one
    2: Relative Path, like: /post-one

1: If you set absolute URL for a keyword, and if that keyword's link get matched with current URL, plugin should exclude that keyword automatically.

2: But if you set relative path, plugin doesn't exclude it either link get matched with current URL or not.
    ( I think this is an issue, plugin should exclude that keyword too if the link get matched with current URL ).

I saw you didn't set Absolute URL, but Relative Path, that's why it's not working.
    But yesterday I set Absolute URL in a post in your site, and unfortunately this is also not working! but it is working fine in my test sites!

====

So, with Absolute URL, as I replicated the issue only in your site, I need to do some debug in your site, as well as conflict test too!

=== What is conflict test? ===

Basically I'll disable all plugins temporarily to confirm no plugin causing this issue, also I'll switch to a default twenty seventeen theme temporarily!

About Relative path, I'll do a quick fix for it and let you know!

So, for further testing can you please send me your FTP details through our secure contact from: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    Using the below template:

Subject: "Attn: Ari"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference (it is: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/exclude-just-a-keyword-from-a-post-for-auto-links)
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Have a great day!
    Warm Regards,
    Ari

• Danny

Hey Ari, sorry for not responding.

Thanks for getting back at me. Should I add your ZIP file to overwrite the current file in the plugin?

I see my issue with the plugin was posted by one of your collegues and has been written a bit different.The thing is: when using the auto linking function for KEYWORD X with a link to POST X, on POST X there will be a link created too. But in that case, the posts links to itself. I don't want that to happen.

Let me know if your file fixes this or if you need anything from me :slight_smile:
    (I actually did not know I could see your messages in my wpmudev dashboard, awesome!)

Thanks!
    Danny

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.