Excluding part of a page from the Hummingbird Cache

Hi,

I’ve just launched a site for a client using the WPMU suite of plugins and think Hummingbird is really improving the performance. One challenge we have however is the home page of this site has the latest tweet from the company MD featured, and (as expected) this means that the cache has to be refreshed for it to show the latest tweet.

I’m just wondering if there are any easy solutions to avoid this. For example I was considering if I could have the tweet injected into the template with AJAX, however as my first Hummingbird use I wasn’t sure exactly how it worked under the hood to know if that would be viable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andy

• Juan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Andy,

thanks for getting in touch with us.

We are looking to integrate this feature in future versions of the plugin, as for now using AJAX is one option, but also you can serve the widget as an iframe and this will exclude the content of the Twitter widget from the caching, since the browser treats the frames as a separate window.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Juan

• John
    • Flash Drive

I too would be interested in a feature like this. I have some business member directory listings that show in a random order on a page. With page caching on the random settings stops working. I’ll try out the iframe with embedding the directory listings to see how that may work.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.