Existing site added to multi-site not working properly

I have added my existing site to Multisite. It shows the new site i-cancorp.com in the roster but I have to login separately. When I do, it does not show the other sites listed in the roster. It still seems to be functioning as its own site. A few things that are different for this site is, it is already on my A2 server account and has its own cpanel. I have already transferred the files to another domain, so I am not opposed to starting fresh. Do I need to remove it from the server or could I just map it to a sub-domain?

Thanks,
David

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello David,

Could you tell me more about how you added existing site to Multisite? Did you use Snapshot plugin or other solution?
    I'm not sure if we are on the same page here - but from your description it looks like you want to attach single WordPress site to Multisite? Please advise.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• David Westgate
    • Flash Drive

Hi Kasia,
    I used Snapshot to back up. I manually uploaded the files to my server, from there I was able to duplicate the site. Originally I tried to use multi-site on the i-cancorp domain which was hosted on GoDaddy. I moved it to the A2 server but was never able to get multisite working. I started a new site on icanapply.com. Now that everything is working fine I want to bring over the i-cancorp domain so that I can easily share posts and pages. Can a site on multisite have its own cpanel or will I need to delete those files on the A2 server?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @David Westgate

I hope you are doing good.

Subsite in a network can't have any cpanel. Please note that, it is called "multisite", but it's not multiple sites. The network domain is the main site and that one will have cpanel. Other subsites will just use the same wordpress instances and act as a separate site, but again it's not an actual separate site.

I can see your network domain is icanapply.com. So, the site you imported, should be a subsite in this network. What is the new subsite url? And do you want to map i-cancorp.com with that subsite?

Also, if you please enable support access we can quickly check based on your reply :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers
    Ash

• David Westgate
    • Flash Drive

Sorry for the delay response. I got started on a more important issue. I will enable support. My main concern is that I use this account (i-cancorp.com) for my emails which is on the A2 server. Could I use another domain to add to multi-site and map icancorp.com to it?

Thanks,

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello David,

Yes, you can map domain icancorp.com to one of your subsites in your network (I assume that is multisite that you grant access now).
    So now on this multisite you add new subsite: Network -> Sites -> Add new. Then you have to use Domain Mapping plugin to map icancorp.com to this new subsite.
    Take a look on usage page of Domain Mapping https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/ - there are instruction how to map domain.
    You will be still able to use mails that you have on A2.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.