Existing/imported posts not accepting images

Sorry for all the newbie questions, but, I'm having a hard time with adding in images to existing blog posts that were migrated. Upfront Builder is acting very twitchy. I'm double clicking to edit, once I'm in the blog element, it won't give me an option for an image. Sometimes when I double click the entire post disappears or is replaced by the image I wanted to insert. Hope someone can help!

Predrag Dubajic

Hey Cindy,

Hope you're doing well

There's nothing to apologize for, Upfront is a unique tool and it could be confusing for some when first encountered, that's why we're here to help.

When you're editing single post, do you see image field like this:

If you do can you tell me what happens if you single click on it?

Also, would you mind granting support access to your site so we can check this out as well?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Cindy,

Thanks for granting access!

Before I'll proceed, let's make sure that we are on the same side here: you are referring to Upfront (editor) and not an Upfront Builder, right? These are two separate tools that server different purpose:

Upfront editor is the one that you enable either by going to the "Appearance -> Customize" in your site's dashboard or by clicking "Upfront" link in your admin toolbar (on top of the page) when viewing front-end of your site.

Upfront Builder is a tool for building Upfront themes (not editing content) and you start it via "Upfront -> Upfront Builder" menu in your site's dashboard.

I'm asking this just to make sure because in your original post you mentioned that "Upfront Builder is acting very twitchy"

That being said, I accessed your sit and tested it. I created a post for testing, it's set as "private" so it's not publicly visible on the site and you may remove it anytime.

I have recorded a little video for you so you could see that the site is working well for me (note that except the featured image you need to double-click on an image to change it). Take a look please and hopefully this will help or you'll be able to tell the difference between what you see and what you are experiencing:

http://www.screencast.com/t/GdxlXiXQ

Best regards,
    Adam

Cindy

Hi Adam,

Yes, Upfront EDITOR. You are correct and thanks for the clarification on that.

Out of curiosity, did you record audio on that video?

I do know to double click on the image, it's getting the image into an already existing post that's the problem. I can get the insert image icon to show up at the end of a post but not in the middle of the post where I'd like to insert the image.

I hope that makes more sense.

Thanks!
    Cindy

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Cindy!

Out of curiosity, did you record audio on that video?

No, it's just a "screen-grab", it's "silent"

I do know to double click on the image, it's getting the image into an already existing post that's the problem. I can get the insert image icon to show up at the end of a post but not in the middle of the post where I'd like to insert the image.

I probably didn't explain that well in my previous post but what I did was:
    - I first created a post via WP backend editor
    - and then I added images to it via Upfront editor saved and left editor
    - then I edited this post again with Upfront editor so it was like adding/changing images for an already existing post

I'm glad that it's working for you now. In case this was happening again, let me know please and it would also be very helpful if you could then record similar video to mine, showing the issue. In case of issues like this actually seeing what's going on often helps a lot to diagnose the case

Have a great day!
    Adam