Expert location and contact details

Hi, I have two questions about J&E Expert Profile:

1) Is it possible to change the list of countries to something else? Like states or cities? I don't plan on making the website available worldwide, so it would be great to change and limit what locations are displayed

2) I would like to allow the experts to display their phone number publicly, this could be done by adding the WhatsApp social network in the Social part of the profile, would it be possible to modify the list to include Phone Number and/or WhatsApp?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Magnus,

Hope you're doing well

1) Is it possible to change the list of countries to something else? Like states or cities? I don't plan on making the website available worldwide, so it would be great to change and limit what locations are displayed

I'm afraid that the countries are hardcoded in the plugin and there's no way of changing these without modifying plugin files directly.
    If you wish to change these then you will need to edit /wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/framework/form/ig-form.php file and on line 226 you will find list of countries.
    Note that these changes will be overwritten by plugin update so you should have a backup of modified file so you can apply the changes again once update is released.

2) I would like to allow the experts to display their phone number publicly, this could be done by adding the WhatsApp social network in the Social part of the profile, would it be possible to modify the list to include Phone Number and/or WhatsApp?

This is not available as well I'm afraid but it's something that has been requested before however it didn't get too much attention from users so the request didn't get high priority.

Currently there's a custom plugin that you can modify and add your custom fields, I have attached it below so you can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag