Expert Single Page short [jbp-expert-single-page] not showing

Hi,
I was doing a profile page for the current member who subscribe, and use the Expert Page to be their profile page.

I create a profile page http://revolutionaryphotographer.com/profile/
use the shortcode [jbp-expert-single-page] to have the profile of the member to show.

Am I doing a wrong process? Assuming that the member already created an expert page/.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Revo,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Could you please try adding an ID to the shortcode, and see whether it works fine, the shortcode is meant to be used as a single experts page, so it'll be:
    `[ jbp-expert-single-page id="1" ]

You can find the ID, by editing the expert, under Experts > Manage Experts

I'm also checking this with the developer to see whether this is how the shortcode should be implemented. Please do let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Jason Mallari
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Nithin,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have an impression that I need to add the ID however, every login person, I will need to create their own personal page? :slight_smile:

Does the plugin has something like expert-single-page.php type of template?

for example. the register with membership pro, redirect to their Account Page and then there is a link or button to view profile.

and when they click on profile. website.com/profile ( which we will assume the author.php type of template) will give the page given above.

Sorry, I am really not a full stack developer, but I use wordpress for quite some time now.

I appreciate you help.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Revo,

Thanks for asking. Let me describe one by one:

however, every login person, I will need to create their own personal page?

When a user is logged in, we can fetch the currently logged in user ID and use that in our templates. So we can put custom content depending on the logged in user ID. But the expert ID and user ID is not same. So we can't simply put logic like "If logged in user ID is 10, then do shortcode [ jbp-expert-single-page id="10" ]". If the user ID and expert profile ID was same, then it would be easy.

However, it can be done with a tweak. That is, creating custom user profile field named "Expert ID". You can create custom user profile field with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/cimy-user-extra-fields/

When that extra field is created, your users can create expert profile and put their expert profile ID in that custom profile field. Then you can fetch that field value programmatically. To know how you can do that, you can check this documentation: http://www.marcocimmino.net/cimy-wordpress-plugins/cimy-user-extra-fields/documentation/
    Please scroll down till "FUNCTIONS USEFUL FOR YOUR THEMES OR TEMPLATES" section.

After that, you can create your own custom page template and use the do_shortcode() function to run this shortcode and in the ID parameter, put the user's custom profile field value so the shortcode runs with the proper expert id. You will get more idea about the do_shortcode() function from here: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/do_shortcode/

In this way, you can automate this process.

If you find this complex, you can always hire a developer from our Jobs Section. Please keep in mind, developers found in our Jobs Section are not associated with us in any way. So communicate with them well before you make any payments to them.

Does the plugin has something like expert-single-page.php type of template?

You can get necessary code for creating your custom expert single page template by going to "wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/views/expert-single/" directory. There, you will get the "main.php" file. In that file, you will get your necessary code.

I believe, these will help. Please let us know if you still have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.