Experts pulling gravatar and not featured image

My problem is that I have installed Jobs & Experts on my site, but it is pulling people's gravatars and not the featured image for the expert listings.
I want the featured image to show up on the homepage/when the experts are called through a shortcode some people don't have gravatars.

• viobru

Hi, Rachel!

Hope you are doing great :slight_smile:

I was checking this and I can't find any quick way to achieve this, so this would require custom code. I will ping my teammates from SLS to check if they can provide a suggestion for this. Please note that they work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues on a daily basis, so it may take a little while for them to check this and give feedback. Also, if this customization is too complex to achieve, they might suggest to hire a developer instead to assist you with it.
    Thanks for your comprehension.

Have a nice day ahead!

Kind regards,
    Violeta

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hey Rachel ,

By default all the profile pictures are loaded via Gravatar, the Feature image is only used as an "extra" image at the top of the profile page.

There are 3 files that will require changing the code to instead load the featured images everywhere:

File 1:
    wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/views/expert-archive/main.php - Line 49

<a href="<?php echo get_permalink($pro->id) ?>"> <?php echo $avatar ?></a>

To:
    <a href="<?php echo get_permalink($pro->id) ?>"> <?php echo get_the_post_thumbnail( $pro->id ); ?></a>
    File 2:
    wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/views/expert-single/main.php - Line 11

<?php echo $model->get_avatar( 420 ) ?>

To:
    <?php echo get_the_post_thumbnail(); ?>
    File 3:
    wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/app/views/landing/main.php - Line 81

<a href="<?php echo get_permalink($pro->id) ?>"> <?php echo $pro->get_avatar(640, true); ?></a>

To:
    <a href="<?php echo get_permalink($pro->id) ?>"> <?php echo get_the_post_thumbnail( $pro->id ); ?></a>

The above edits will instead make the featured image shown everywhere, but of course there will be some CSS edits needed extra depending on your theme.

Inform me if you need further help on this so I can provide more assistance.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.