Expiration date shows wrong

Expire Date shows an incorrect month under "Manage Subscriptions" settings. Recurring Membership is set for one month.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Dario,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

Looks like the message in this ticket is bit misleading and the actual issue is stripe billing twice and that's why two months are added to your members.

We had similar report for this before and it seems to be specific only on certain installations, our developers are working on a fix for next release and if you wish to test it out on your staging site you can download the attached file, unzip it and replace the current one inside wp-content/plugins/membership/premium/gateway/stripeplan/ folder.

Let us know if this worked for you.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Felix

Okay, thank you Predrag Dubajic.

1. I will try that out. When will be the next update/release?

2. The problem described above does actually differ from the problem with getting charged twice.
    The problem is that subscribers subscribing to our monthly PRO plan on a certain day, say the 14th of October, get automatically downgraded after the end of the month because the expiry date is set wrongly. In our case, the expiry date for the monthly subscription is set on the 13th of November in this example. The problem is though that PayPal and Stripe set the recurring payment to take place "exactly" one month later, i.e. on the 14th of November and always on the 14th in the following months. As the expiry date is set through Membership 2 to be on the 13th our PRO subscription is downgraded in the night between 13th and 14th even though our subscriber correctly pays for the monthly subscription through PayPal or Stripe on the 14th. This happened to some of our first paying customers that we lost now and cannot recover! A huge problem!

I figured out how to set the expiry date manually one day later without losing the attached payment profile of the user, but this cannot be the way to do it with any new subscriber, can it? Why is the expiry date set wrongly? Please tell me what to do/how to fix it and why this problem occurs.

Also, is there any way to prevent users from getting downgraded to a free account (the plan we set to be downgraded on from a PRO plan) if they pay one day later than the expiry date? Because this way we lose the attached payment profile even though the money has correctly been transferred to our bank account and the subscription still persists on PayPal or Stripe. So I need to relink this subscription to M2!

Please help ASAP. Before I receive an answer, I will manually change the expiry date of the users that would get downgraded next but leave the others for now so you can comprehend the problem.

Thanks
    Best regards
    Dario

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Dario,

1. I will try that out. When will be the next update/release?

We don't have an ETA I'm afraid since our developers are working on several fixes and improvements for the next release.

#2 - I did some tests on my installation and it looks to me that the issue here is related to the first one, since Membership 2 charges for two months in advance it creates wrong date, but when I applied the patch on my test site it looks to me that the Stripe information is now correct and it should use the same dates for Stripe and Membership invoice.

Can you try registering new account with above patch applied and see if everything is working properly after that?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Felix

Hello Predrag and others,
    the problem with the wrong expiration dates also exists with our Paypal customers. So it cannot be linked to the issue with double payments in Stripe.

Could you please tell me how it should actually work? So please give an example like this one: when a user subscribes for a monthly plan on the 13th of October, the expiration date should be set on the 12th/13th/14th of November automatically.

Right now, it automatically sets the expiration date 30 days after the initial payment. However, the monthly payment through Stripe AND Paypal is always exactly one month afterwards, apparently. So if the plan expires one day BEFORE the actual payment is conducted, our subscribed users lose their subscription and automatically down-graded. Which we obviously want to prevent.

Please help.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Dario,

I just checked this with PayPal and next payment dates in both PayPal and Membership 2 are showing 22nd December which is 31 days from now so it seems to me that it works fine.

Did you made sure that recurring payment for your membership is set to 1 Month and not 30 Days?
    I couldn't check this as the password you provided in chat is no longer working for me.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.