Expired Membership doesn't drops

Hello,

This is the second time I am asking the question.
First of all - the plugin is outstanding but on the other hand I'm sorry to say the support is really really bad. What's the use of having a paid plugin if I cannot get support in the right time. It's a long wait and always ends up in the pile of questions and no one ever looks back to answer it.
Is there any way, we can ask for refund if you all give the same pathetic support.

I've been asking this and still haven't found the solution for it. So, I'm trying it again:-
I've a paid membership and once that paid membership expires they are changed to Free membership. But the problem is even though the membership has expired but i can see in the backend they are still associated with the Paid Membership.

Can you let me know how to solve this?

Thanks,

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Crunch Studio, I hope you are well today!

I'm sorry to hear you have this issue

First of all - the plugin is outstanding but on the other hand I'm sorry to say the support is really really bad. What's the use of having a paid plugin if I cannot get support in the right time.

In case that you are referring to this ticket, I see that @Adam asked you to update the Membership 2 plugin and there is no answer from you to follow up. You haven't updated the plugin in a while, there were several new versions out, with a lot of new fixes. Updating the plugin should solve the issue you have.

Please update the plugin and let us know if you still have the same issue! If you do, please grant a support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day and take care :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Crunch Studio,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear its not working for you, but if you have made changes in core file then the best bet is update the plugin on a test site and apply those changes again and figure out where exactly the issue is coming.

Yes, I know its tough but that is the only solution and that's why its recommended to not modify core files of a plugin and WordPress itself.

This is also becomes hard for us too, to provide support to modified versions and that's why we always recommend updating the plugin as well as WordPress to their latest version as mentioned in terms of service section of Support.

So, please update to latest version on staging site and apply the changes you made in oder version.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Crunch Studio
    • Flash Drive

Hello Sajid,
    I've updated the plugin in the test site and it still doesn't works there.
    Once a membership gets expired, the member is moved to Expired Membership tab but the membership is still associated with the member.
    In the ideal situation, he should be moved to Free Membership.
    What else do I have to do to make it work perfectly.

Thanks,

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Crunch Studio,

Hope your doing well today.

When you create a membership it gives you an option to select which membership they will drop to when the current one expires. Did you set the free membership here? I'm attaching a screenshot to illustrate.

Can you also grant support access to your staging site that you updated so we can have a closer look?

You can grant support access from your WordPress admin via WPMU DEV > Support > Grant Support Access.

If you don't already have the WPMU DEV Dashboard on your staging site then you can download it here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

One other thing to keep in mind, is that it won't drop down immediately. It will drop down on the next membership status check, which should be within about 6 hours of the expiry.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Crunch Studio,

Thanks for granting access. I've setup a couple tests based on your setup to confirm the issue. I will see tomorrow whether mine drop down or not. If not, then it's definitely a bug on our end and I'll get it reported to the developer asap so it can be fixed up.

If mine drop down then it's more likely a conflict in your install that we will need to troubleshoot further.

I'll reply back here tomorrow with an update!

Talk to you soon and sorry for the wait. We received a higher ticket volume than usual over the last week. Your ticket wasn't lost in the queue, we work through them in order.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Crunch,

My apologies for not replying back here sooner. I did replicate the issue as well yes. I've reported it to our developers so they can get it fixed up. Either myself or one of the developers will reply back here once an update is pushed out with the fix :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions in the meantime just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @info4228,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry but we have not heard back from the developer yet. Also we are unable to provide ETA of bug fixes to avoid disappointments in case of delays due to technical reasons. However, it will be out really soon.

Please keep an eye on this thread for updates and also you will get notification of updates right in your dashboard if you have installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

Thanks for your patience and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.