Export one multisite into another multisite

I just set up a new multisite with subdomain for domain mapping under brandmerce.com. Now I need to move the websites from my previous multisite sitemerce.com that was set up as subdirectories to the new multisite. They both reside on the same vps server, the old one is under one ip address and the new one is on another dedicated ip address.

After I transfer sitemerce.com (WPMU subdirectory) to brandmerce.com (WPMU subdomain) I would like to erase the sitemerce account and reinstall as a WPMU subdomain and transfer everything back under that domain. Thanks.

• Rafael
    • Flash Drive

I'm currently using the MultiSite Content Copier, now please answer does this plugin copy content from sites within a multisite only, OR will it copy content from one site from multisite "A" to another site in multisite "B". Please advise.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Rafael,

Multisite Content Copier is only for copying content within the same network. You WON'T be able to copy content to another multisite installation.

How many subsites are you needing to move? Our snapshot plugin now has migration logic added so it should be able to migrate websites for you. Keep in mind the migration logic is still in beta stage at this time.

You would need to have identical installations in terms of plugins/themes activated. Then take snapshots of your original sites and save the .zip files to your snapshots folder in your new installation and it will recognize them.

Hope this makes sense! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I'm happy to help :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.