Export or Migrate details from WPMU to Spreadsheet or WPMU

Hello,

I have a WPMU site which has been infected by Malware.

I am wondering if anyone can help me to know if there is some way that I can export all site details such as title, meta, content, etc. to a spreadsheet which i could use to manually recreate sites on a new WPMU that has not been compromised by Malware.

EVEN BETTER would be a way to migrate these sites from the WPMU that has been compromised by Malware to a new WPMU install without having to manually create everything again.

Any help at all would be VERY appreciated.

Thank you much!

Adam

• aecnu

Greetings Adam,

We are truly sorry to hear that your installation was infected by malware. The first line of defense against hackers and crackers starts with the host.

We are afraid to recommend transferring anything form the infected site in fear of possibly infecting a new installation.

However, what may be a very quick way to dis-infect your current site and get you operational again infection free is to download it completely using FTP, then scan the downloaded site/files with your anti-virus/malware software.

If it find the infection and removes it, then on your host completely delete the files that the anti-virus/anti-malware detected, then re-upload those very same files infection free.

This avoids compromising the database.

I would love to hear how it goes if you try it out?

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.