Export Order Details

How can I export the actual order DETAILS (eg. what they’ve ordered in their cart) when I run the export feature from MarketPress Beta 2.5? I know its possible because we can send emails with those details – but I need to see them in the export field.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mrasmith,

Great question!

I reviewed the export file and it is lacking which product was ordered though I did receive a detailed email of the transaction.

What specific items would you like to see in the export file?

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mrasmith,

Though this may very well be considered a feature request, I am going to flag the developer in here to see if he has any advice on how we can hack this in or if it will be a major undertaking.

This may take a longer then a normal support ticket, but we will see if we can get this sorted one way or another asap.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mrasmith,

Just a quick follow up and update to let you know I have requested the lead developer of Market Press to take a look at this ticket to see the possibility of a hack and he should be along relatively shortly.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Well it’s possible but how to format that? Here is what it looks like is:

a:3:{i:948;a:4:{s:3:”SKU”;s:15:”my_number123HEM”;s:4:”name”;s:15:”Funny Dumplings”;s:5:”price”;d:12.9900000000000002131628207280300557613372802734375;s:8:”quantity”;i:6;}i:913;a:4:{s:3:”SKU”;s:7:”dsgffdg”;s:4:”name”;s:14:”Comments open?”;s:5:”price”;d:20;s:8:”quantity”;i:4;}i:909;a:4:{s:3:”SKU”;s:0:””;s:4:”name”;s:14:”Query Var true”;s:5:”price”;d:0;s:8:”quantity”;i:3;}}

Which user readable is: Array

(

[948] => Array

(

[SKU] => my_number123HEM

[name] => Funny Dumplings

[price] => 12.99

[quantity] => 6

)

[913] => Array

(

[SKU] => dsgffdg

[name] => Comments open?

[price] => 20

[quantity] => 4

)

[909] => Array

(

[SKU] =>

[name] => Query Var true

[price] => 0

[quantity] => 3

)

)

• landshark
    • Flash Drive

I’m gonna join in with mrasmith on the need for this. This is necessary to handle any order processing.

Especially since, as far as I can tell, Marketpress has no packing slip printing capability. While I can’t get an order processing system, in my case shipworks, to integrate directly with Marketpress I thought I would at least be able to import the .csv file until I realized that this does not contain product information.

Unfortunately I’m coming to marketpress from several years of using Magento (since the begining) and ZenCart before that. It’s a bit of a step backwards but I like the idea of where Marketpress is going although a little frustrated a premium plugin is missing basic eCommerce functionality like this. Fortunately membership has other privileges :slight_smile:

• landshark
    • Flash Drive

something else I’m running into while trying to get this to work with external processing software (in this case again it’s Shipworks) is the need for an order number (not order ID) is that something that is generated when an order is created and might be able to be pulling into the CSV ?

• Aaron
    • CTO

mrasmith, that would be a core edit to the plugin along with custom coding. The support we provide here is how to use the current features of our products and bug fixing, teaching someone to code PHP is a bit beyond that scope.

I plan to add this soon, it wasn’t in the first iteration as order exports were requested for financial purposes, not packing slips and such. If you want to hire a developer to code this for you meanwhile let me know and I’ll point you where to start. It would be a pretty quick code job.

• george_banis
    • New Recruit

Hi Aaron,

I am in desperate need for this feature as well. Here is the bigger picture of what I (and probably the rest) need and how it could be implemented:

What we need:

When we process the orders and export the file we need to be able to send it to the warehouse and they pack the products per order and ship them.

How to do it:

In the exported CSV file you could add one field after the “item_count” field named “items_ordered” and print in there each item of the order in the following format:

ItemName Variation Price – ItemName Variation Price – etc…

Result:

When the warehouse get the exported orders CSV they will know that for order id XXX they need to pack “3” items which are “bla” “bla” and “bla”. (see attached image)

—-

I am confident that this provides a viable solution for everyone and hope to see it implemented soon.

Thank you,

George

EDIT:

Please also add quantity for every item so it displays like this:

Quantity ItemName Variation Price

eg.

3 T-shirt Large 3.99

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings everyone,

The newest release of Market Press is out with several bug fixes and general updates.

If you have not already updated to the new version please do so now.

If there are any remaining issues regarding the new release, please open a new ticket addressing those issues. If those issues are from this very ticket please fell free to copy and paste and relevant information to the new ticket.

Thank you for your understanding, cooperation, and for being WPMU Dev Members!

Cheers, Joe

• Alex
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I also have a very strong need for this. I am collecting manual-payment orders, and if I only get -one- product, then the export is very nearly useless. I would have to go through hundreds of generated emails and paste email product order details into the orders. If I can even get them separated by a marker of some kind in one column, that would be enough.

Ideally, all the order details would just be quantities in columns of each product, following the last column (transaction_id). That would let me create the packing slips I need.

The link to the beta in the post above doesn’t open anything, and I think Marketpress is already a later version anyway. Is there any current progress, unactivated features, etc that would allow me to export each product?

• Alex

I realized it’s the end of the holiday season and there must be some slowdown, but I wanted to press on this question again, as it’s very important I find either a solution or a workaround to this soon. Please, if you have any advice on how I could modify the php to grab the product orders in the export… or how to send an email like the individual order confirmations, but in a table and for every order, I would like to hear it!

• Alex

Thank you, Aaron! I am not sure when the next release is, but it would probably be after the sale we’re starting in eleven days.

Is there any insight you could give me on how I might alter the code myself?

• Alex

Perhaps I should be more specific… I don't mean to keep replying, so this post is my last attempt at getting an answer on what I could possibly do myself (before the next release).

I have attached a screenshot of the "manage orders" detail screen. It puts an individual's orders into a nice table. Ideally, I would love to export a similar table, except flip the rows and columns, and put all of the products in a matrix following the customer details. That way, all the products somebody doesn't order just get 0's, and the other products they do order are filled in with the quantity, and all export order details can be matched on one spreadsheet.

This may be a rather complicated edit to the plugin, but it seems most of the export functionality (except the orders themselves) is already written in. Is there anywhere that data is stored, or a function I can call to put it into a single column (as you suggest above, Aaron) or columns?

• Alex

Hi Aaron, and thank you for the replies! No, I did not know that… unfortunately, I balance many other duties besides developing the website and integrating this plugin, so I haven’t had as much time to look at the code as I would have liked. Most of the time I’ve spent has been making the plugin behave and look the way we need for our plant sale. If there is such a column, and a way of grabbing it for use in the export function, that would be all I need!

Thanks again,

Alex

• Alex

I really hope I am not being obtuse or annoying! I just need to find a way of resolving this export issue – in my above post, I was really asking where the column is (where in the code, what is it called), and if there was a way of dumping it into the export. I’ve gone over the code and looked for it myself, but I didn’t see what you were referring to.

EDIT: are you referring to ‘items’? Because I did see that in export_orders_csv() … but that only seems to return the first item, which is the issue that got me to post in the first place.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.