Export to ical and google calendar

Hi. Looks like things got a little mixed up. The list view of my calendar shows "export to iCal" and "export to GCal". The event detail does not show these buttons.
1) I'd like to hide these buttons from the list view. (I tried eab_export display none, but it still shows Google calendar image).
2) I'd like to add BACK to the event detail page to show the iCal and google calendar. I don't see where these got hidden.
3) Lastly, once #2 is setteled, I'd like to remove the text of iCal and gCal and make them both icons.
Help much appreciated!!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi Emily,

1) I'd like to hide these buttons from the list view. (I tried eab_export display none, but it still shows Google calendar image).

Do you use some cache plugins - I'm trying to make this changes using child theme styles (there was display: block !important there, that's why the display: none didn't worked) and with no effect, page is still loading old CSS file.

2) I'd like to add BACK to the event detail page to show the iCal and google calendar. I don't see where these got hidden.

Do you remember when this happen? They not at the single view - but it wasn't done by CSS, they just don't show the code. Did you ask in previous thread to remove them, or this just happen?

3) Lastly, once #2 is setteled, I'd like to remove the text of iCal and gCal and make them both icons.

The iCal don't come with the icon - do you have some particular icon in mind I should search and use?

Could you grant access again or change adminsupport user role to higer?

Kind regards,
      Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi Emily,

This is a quick update on the "missing" calendars links on the single events pages. I copy your settings on my test site, and look like that non of custom code you had added is causing this.

Problem lays with the Appearance Settings for Events - you are using Default plugin template for single events, and this template don't show calendars export links.

I was able to replicate this on my site, so I've contacted plugin dev how this can be fixed. After I will have answer I will be able to make links as icons.
    Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello @Emily,

Can you clear cache on your site? I've applied following changes on your site, but I'm not able to see they working because of cache.

function my_add_export_link ($stuff, $event) {
        return apply_filters('eab-events-after_single_event', $stuff, $event);
    }
    add_filter('eab-events-after_event_details', 'my_add_export_link', 10, 2);

This was added to plugin in mu-plugin to display the export links in single event view.
    And this is the code for the icon, added to your child theme CSS file:

.single-incsub_event .wpmudevevents-additional_details{float: left;}
    .single-incsub_event .wpmudevevents-additional_details a {display: block; text-indent: -9999em; height: 25px; width: 83px; float: left;}
    .single-incsub_event .wpmudevevents-additional_details a:first-child {background: url('images/iC.png') 0 0 no-repeat; margin-right: 10px;}
    .single-incsub_event .wpmudevevents-additional_details a:last-child {background: url('images/GoCal.png') 0 0 no-repeat;}

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.