Export User Profile Data and Membership to .csv

Hello,

I would like Membership Pro 2 to export the user data with Extra Fields from my registration form.

My membership services include product deliveries and I need the shipping address from the user profile to be exported along the membership name, signup date, etc.

Is this already included in the plugin? What's the best way to export this information?

• Todd Walker

Tyler - I think our question/request got lost in Tyler's dialogue with you and we never got an answer. Here is the question again:

We were able to export this data and convert it. Unfortunately, it did not give us the first name, last name or Display Name. We really need those for our csv reports. How do we make that happen?

We know that you helped us add the first name and last name to the Billing screen, but getting an accurate csv report from that data is almost impossible since the categories (default, Billed or Pending, Paid and Draft) don't line up exactly with the number of member records we have under All Members (172 currently). We really need a csv report that we can print out for monthly member meetings where we check people in and check that their memberships are current.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Daniel,

Do you have wp_debug set to "true" in your wp-config.php file? If so, try setting that to false then you should be able to do the export without seeing the warnings/notices. Warnings and notices like that are harmless in most cases and more meant for the developer to help with debugging; however, it is best practices to fix those so they don't show up. I'll pass them to our developer.

If wp_debug is already set to false then do you mind granting support access so I can have a closer look? :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Dan,

Thanks for doing that. This is really odd, especially since your debug is set to false already. I set mine to true on my site and did an export - it worked as expected.

Have you checked plugin conflicts yet? Try deactivating all other plugins and then see if it exports correctly.

Something else you can try placing the follow constants underneath the wp_debug constant in your wp-config.php file:

ini_set('log_errors','On');
    ini_set('display_errors','Off');
    ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL );
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

If that doesn't work either then would you mind sending in FTP so we can debug further?

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Daniel,

I think this might have to do with your PHP version, can you check which version you have? If it's 5.2 can you make sure you upgrade to at least 5.4+

You can check this through our WPMU DEV Dashboard via:

WPMU DEV > Support > System Info. Should be right near the top. To update your PHP version you can go to your cPanel and find "PHP Configuration" - usually you can update it there. If not, you can contact your host then they can do it for you.

So, now that it works, can you tell me what the added lines to my wp-config file do? Will I need to add these lines upon updates in the future? Will that affect any other part of my site?

The lines above simply hide PHP notices/errors/warnings - usually they are used for debugging purposes only and they should never be shown on a live site in the first place. The reason I think it might have to do with your PHP version is because I'm not getting any of those errors, so it's possible you have an out-dated version of PHP and it doesn't recognize some of the more modern code involved here.

You won't need to update that code in the future. wp-config.php shouldn't ever be overwritten, unless you were to completely re-install WordPress, but in that case you would normally restore from a backup anyway so it would be safe still.

It won't affect other parts of your site, if anything it will make your site run smoother as those debug notices won't popup at all.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.