Export/Import option in Builder & Editor

Hi,

It would be great if the user could go and just export the layout/theme they are working on in the Builder or in the Editor, including the global settings, CSS, custom presets and elements settings (with a dialog before exporting to select if user wants to export all or select desired Layout/Theme parts). And afterward to have the option to import.

That would save a lot of time when having to switch between theme. For people who custom-edit in the Editor that would also be very useful so they can adopt in Builder styles/changes, they have started in the Editor.

I hope you take this into consideration.

To all members reading this: if you like the proposition, please support it so it attracts the attention of the developers.

Regards,

Georgi

• Dimitris

Hey there Georgi Pepelyankov,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I just want to pinpoint here that Builder is what can be used here for moving themes along different installations as it's a tool based on UF which can help you edit or create UF child themes. That means that every setting/change you make in Builder is actually being stored in the child theme files so that they can be used in other sites too.

Every change you make via UF Editor though, is considered site-specific and it's being stored in database instead. Moving your site to another server for example, should move all of these settings made in UF Editor so you shouldn't lose anything. So, in case of having these options as backup, a simple DB backup should do the trick for you.

A more advanced export option though, like the one you describe, isn't possible at the moment.
    Hope other members will engage here and our UF dev team will consider adding this!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Georgi!

Since Nastia is already is working with you in this other thread, I won't refer to the issue but I admit that your idea of how import/export feature could work sounds really cool. As this thread is already in "Features & Feedback" forum I hope our devs will get some inspiration from it.

Both Upfront and Upfront Builder are in constant developments and new features are being added often so even though I can't promise anything, I believe that aspect will also evolve in future.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.