Exporting coursepress courses to another site

Hi,

I've imported all the courses to my test site in order to perform some testing on marketpress and protected content plugin. The problem is none of the units inside those courses are copied over to my testing site.

Can some one please tell me how to fully import a coursepress course?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Chatura,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As there's no export/import tool included in CoursePress Pro plugin, I suppose you've used a standard ("Tools" -> "Export/Import") WordPress tools. Have you imported/exported CoursePress content only?

CoursePress content may prove a bit to complex for WP tool. Are you able to try to export/import entire content (without selecting CP parts?) from site to site? I'd give it a try. Let me know please.

Regards,
    Adam

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chathura,

Hope you're doing well today!

CoursePress is comprised of several custom post types, so you will need to export and import all of them :slight_smile: You can only do 1 at a time, but they should all line up properly and all your content will be in the right spot.

I've attached a screenshot to illustrate the CoursePress custom post types. Some of those may be empty, for example module responses - if no one has done your courses yet then there won't be any responses. Maybe good to try and export/import all of them just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
    Tyler

• chathura

Thanks for the reply tyler.
      Actually I exported all content not just coursepress specific post types. Like I said it only imports the courses' overview and description page only (the ones that shown in single course.php file). The units inside the courses are not there. Units are not being imported. If you can try this in your own installation you may be able to replicate this.

Any way I'm gonna mark this thread as resolved. My previous xml import caused some errors in plugins. So I will never try this again :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.