extend Business Product Theme beyond 4 slides?

I just installed the Business Product Theme and LOVE IT! My only issue is that I need more than 4 text and image slides? How do I extend this to more slides?

• Tammie

@progresst: It's not that easy but it is doable. Under library/components/ you will see featured-slider.php. In there you will see a range of variables and then the slider itself.

<?php
    			if (($slidenumber == "1") || ($slidenumber == "2") || ($slidenumber == "3") || ($slidenumber == "4")){
    				if ($slideone_type == "video and text"){
    					?>
    						<div class="slide">
    							<div class="alignright">
    					<?php echo stripslashes($slideone_smallvideo); ?>
    							</div>
    						<h2>
    						<?php echo stripslashes($slideone_header); ?></h2>
    						<p>
    					<?php echo stripslashes($slideone_description); ?>
    							</p>
    								<?php
    								if ($slideone_link != ""){

?>
    								<a href="<?php echo $slideone_link; ?>" rel="bookmark" title="<?php echo $slideone_link_title; ?>" class="button">	<?php echo stripslashes($slideone_link_title); ?></a>

<?php }
    								?>
    						</div>
    					<?php

}

That pulls through the first slider then you see there is another range of loops for the type of content in the slider.

Now, what you would want to do would be copy then delete the text from line 60 through to 413. Then you need to manually add each loop and it's content:

<div class="slide"><br />
    whatever content you want here<br />
    </div<br />

The reason I said copy the old loops is so you can use the various styles like slide-video and other ones with pre-formatting.

Last up you want to take lines 421 through to 447 and remove:

<?php
    if (($slidenumber == "1") || ($slidenumber == "2") || ($slidenumber == "3") || ($slidenumber == "4")){
    ?>

• <?php echo stripslashes($slideone_title); ?>
  • <?php
    }
    ?>
    <?php
    if (($slidenumber == "2") || ($slidenumber == "3") || ($slidenumber == "4")){
    ?>

• <?php echo stripslashes($slidetwo_title); ?>
  • <?php
    }
    ?>
    <?php
    if (($slidenumber == "3") || ($slidenumber == "4")){
    ?>

• <?php echo stripslashes($slidethree_title); ?>
  • <?php
    }
    ?>
    <?php
    if ($slidenumber == "4"){
    ?>

• <?php echo stripslashes($slidefour_title); ?>
  • <?php
    }
    ?>

Then make sure you add in each link for the slides:

• name of your link
  • You will probably also need to do some CSS on the slideshow to get it to show more slides - CSS may not be needed if you don't do the links at the bottom.

This won't give you theme options you could of course add more of those and then add to the loop but this way allows you to have as many as you want hard coded without the learning curve of theme options.

You also will want to have this all in the child theme just keeping the path outlined above for the file location.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.