Extend membership instead of giving money

Is it possible to extend the membership of the affiliate of some month instead of giving him money ?
It seems to me this plugin needs this sort of option and it will be easy to add it with the supporter "plugin".
Do I am the first one asking for such a feature ?

Thanks

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

@fcarbain

I would also love this feature and would assume it has been asked for. Right now the 'extend' membership is all manual as far as I know. This is a limitation of using paypal. Even if you extend their membership, they will still be charged their recurring fee as far as I am aware. It just tacks the time on if they cancel.

Correct me if I'm wrong staff!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

With the single payment gateways we could probably do something - I'll have to think of the best approach. As @eric_g mentions above though, with those gateways that managed the recurring payments themselves - there isn't really much we can do as the charging is handled externally and the plugin just sits there and receives the payment notifications.

• fcarbain
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for your quick anwsers.
    I'm not using recurring payement so it's not a problem for me... but you could still give free supporter features instead of extending the membership for example or a free membership for the affiliate to give to a friend.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.