Extend this plugin

I have had a request from a client asking me if its possible to show a specific page on the website only after users have input their company name, serial no and password - they will then get access to the page. The company and serial number would be checked against a database sitting outwith the WP database. A log would also be created that logs the login request. Is this even possible?

Any help would be much appreciated

• Patrick

Hi @pjohnstone

It you can imagine it, it can be done :slight_smile:

WordPress already has a built-in password protect feature for individual pages. Custom fields can be used for the company name and the serial number.

From there, it shouldn't be too difficult for a developer to code the functions/queries required to validate the company name and serial number against existing data in an external database.

However, that kind of custom coding goes beyond the scope of the support that we provide here. But we do indeed try to help whenever we can and if we know the answer will respond regardless.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute. Or you could approach someone like Tweaky.

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Kimberly

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out via live chat or email, or that we have reached the end of our convo here. If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

This ticket is only being Resolved due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologise any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for being part of the WPMU DEV Community!

Best,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.