external bbpress + buddypress

I posted a similar question to the buddypress.org forums but no one seems to know. So I thought I would post it here to see if any of you know.

I have buddypress 1.1.3 installed, works great
I have the latest version of bbpress installed, works great (installed in /forums/)

I have the cookies and everything working just fine, when I am logged in to one or the other I am logged in to the other.

Here is the kicker. I do not want to have bbpress "wrap" the foum and only have group forums. I want to keep the forum outside of buddypress.

All I want now is a way to have recent posts added to the "Site Wide Activity Stream" and "My Latest Activity" within buddypress.

Make sense?

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

Here is the kicker. I do not want to have bbpress "wrap" the foum and only have group forums. I want to keep the forum outside of buddypress.

In that case you need to install the forums in a directory other than /forums/. BuddyPress auto-generates the /forums/ urls if you have the forums component enabled.

All I want now is a way to have recent posts added to the "Site Wide Activity Stream" and "My Latest Activity" within buddypress.

Only the posts made on group forums will show up the in the activity streams.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.