external link in custompress

Hi,
I would like to use custom press to have a field "record label". That field will then be filled out with "Sony Music". But i would like to have "Sony Music" linked to their website. Would this be possible with this plugin with some tweaking perhaps?

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

If you are using "sony music" as an example and the artist would fill this part out. You could use CustomPress for this. I have done stuff like this several times.

Have one field for the Record Label Name and one for the Record Label URL. Then you could code it to show both.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi stig and welcome to WPMU DEV!

And yep, as Chris and Eric have both mentioned, you can definitely use CustomPress for that, you'll simply need to create a custom field in the CustomPress Content Types area then include the embed code for that field (along with an [a href] tag likely) in your theme's template file(s) where you want it to appear.

Let us know how that goes!

-David

• stig
    • New Recruit

Hi and thanks for replies!

Well, I get how i can get the custom field to be displayed on the page - that's done. And i guess i could have figured out how to wrap an href around a url. But, how would i get along to get Sony Music to be a link like this?

Label:
    Sony Music

Do i have to use TextBox Field Types x 2 and then combine that in the template file?

Sorry - not a coder – that's why i buy plugins :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Stig.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.