extra fields and notifications on membership plugin

hi, my question actually relates to membership2 but there was no option for me to select this.

I have tried asking this question before, a few months have gone by now and I want a fresh look at it as I hit a dead end last time.

What I am trying to do should be simple. I have a membership site up and running for an online publication, it has 2 levels.

1) Print and online - these users get access to all files/ pages/posts on the site and they also recieve a hard copy of the magazine in the post.
2) Online only - same as above but no hard copy.

... the part which stops me is trying to gather/send the users address details as a notification. I am using buddypress' extended profile to capture the address information. but I can't get a notification to show the address, it just send me the basic information of signups.

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Dann,

Unfortunately this kind of integration between M2 and BP is still not available and only solution would be to create custom email using Xprofile fields like explained in your original thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/adding-extra-fields-to-registeration

Perhaps it would be best to give the previous solution another try and see why it didn't work on your installation?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dann,

I'm really sorry it didn't work for you. Please note however that this is not a matter of bug or "glitch" in a plugin. Current features (related to this issue) of the Membership 2 Pro plugin are:

- it includes a "BuddyPress integration" add-on
    - the purpose of this add-on is to let you protect BP pages but not handle registration, however:
    - Membership 2 Pro can and will pick up BuddyPress x-profile fileds and use them in registration form

There's no integration though that would send these values in notifications. It's a feature request and I'm not able to give you any ETA on if and when it will be implemented. In your previous thread my colleagues tried to support you as much as possible going into custom development (which we normally doesn't provide). That said, I'm sincerely sorry for the fact that we were not able to help you with this yet.

As my colleague Predrag mentioned, currently solutions proposed in your original thread are the closest to what you wish to achieve and if you'd like to continue working on these we'll be happy to proceed (possibly re-opening original thread).

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.