Extra settings for Appointments +

It would be nice if we can have extra settings.

- It's not that great UX Design if for setting a currency I have to set "Payment required" to yes from payments setting because it could be without payment needed.

- I would like to be able to insert two breaks a day for the working time.

- The maximum duration for appointment is 360 minutes, I need more time.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi WebSource,

- It's not that great UX Design if for setting a currency I have to set "Payment required" to yes from payments setting because it could be without payment needed.

Hmm, yes this could be shown without payment options enabled, I have reported it to our devs :slight_smile:
    For now you can enable payment, change currency and disable payment again.

- I would like to be able to insert two breaks a day for the working time.

This is actually already available with plugin, after you enable one break time and save the page you will see plus sign next to it where you can add a new one for that day.

You can go to Appointments > Settings > General panel and set Base time to 60 or larger, after that you will be able to set your appointment time up to 1440 minutes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• WebSource

Hi Predrag

Thanks for your help!

Hmm, yes this could be shown without payment options enabled, I have reported it to our devs
    For now you can enable payment, change currency and disable payment again.

Thanks just done that. Hope the'll fix that :slight_smile:

Two breaks a day

Thanks works!

You can go to Appointments > Settings > General panel and set Base time to 60 or larger, after that you will be able to set your appointment time up to 1440 minutes.

Im afraid thats not possible. Get an error that one of my services is not divisible with 60. Thats of course true (15 would be needed).. What to do here?

Here one more bug:
    - Appointments+ does not respect Startday of Week included at Wordpress Settings

Week always starts on sunday for appointments+. In our Region it starts on monday. Even in Wordpress settings appointments+ shows sunday as start of the week

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello WebSource,

I hope you're well today!

Im afraid thats not possible. Get an error that one of my services is not divisible with 60. Thats of course true (15 would be needed).. What to do here?

You can increase maximum service duration with a small code snippet added to the "functions.php" file of your current theme:

function increase_service_selections( $n ){
    		return 200;
    	}
    	add_filter( 'app_selectable_durations', 'increase_service_selections' );

The example above should let you set appointments' duration up to 3000 minutes, assuming that you got a time base set to 15 minutes. How is it calculated?

It's a "time base x returned value" so: 15 (time base) x 200 (returned value) = 3000. You can change the 200 value to suit your needs, following that example calculation above.

For more "tricks&tweaks" like this, please check the "Appointments -> FAQ" page in your site's dashboard :slight_smile:

- Appointments+ does not respect Startday of Week included at Wordpress Settings

The booking calendar (front-end) does follow the WordPress start day and date/time settings. I have just confirmed that on my test setup. That doesn't apply only to the back-end (configuration) settings and it's the way the back-end was implemented. The idea is to let users book appointments from front-end and there it works as expected. We can however move this issue into a separate "Feature Request" post for you - just let me know if you want me to do this - so other members can vote for it and our developers may then implement it in one of future releases.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello WebSource

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't set this as a feature request yet, I was waiting for your response :slight_smile: I do see, however, that this thread was in the "Features and Feedback" forum for some reason so I already moved it back to support forum.

I have now also created "feature request" threads for both of these issues:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-option-to-set-maximum-appointment-duration-freely

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-use-wp-start-day-and-datetime-settings-in-backend

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.