Facebook avatars visible in user table, but not on the theme?

Hi guys,

I’m not sure if this is an issue with the plugin or not, but I’m in the midst of setting up a network and have discovered that the Facebook avatars are coming across to the wordpress profile, so the pictures are visible in the user table, but then they are not displaying in my Buddypress enabled theme.

Do you have any ideas as to why this might be happening? It looks like my theme is pulling from gravatar images, but I because I can see the photos in the user list I’m wondering if the profile pictures got filed somewhere else.

And will this change dynamically if a user updates their user profile?

-Mikey

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I’m a bit confused about the issue here I’m afraid so if you could clarify that’d be great.

You mentioned Facebook avatars so are you using some sort of Facebook plugin?

You’ve also selected the Avatars plugin so are you using that, or the defaults?

Phil

• deltakid
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

The problem is the following. If someone signs up via Facebook on buddypress the gravatar image is shown in some places, while in others the Facebook picture is shown.

If you use the plugin along with Q&A and buddypress for example I can not get rid of the facebook avatar in the Q&A area but everywhere else the Avatar from buddypress is shown.

What’s needed is a way to simply override the Facebook avatar for all plugin or whatsoever.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers,

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.