Facebook comments not overriding wp comments

Im not sure if its the theme or plugin but I can't override wp comments with Facebook comments using the plugin settings. Its a live site, I can't disable all the plugins to test.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid that Ultimate Facebook is no longer an active plugin and we can't offer support for it as there are constant changes to Facebook API and that can affect the plugin functionality, you can read more about retired plugins here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/retiring-our-legacy-plugins/

You can try enabling "Override WordPress discussion settings" option in Ultimate Facebook and then disable comments on your posts/pages.
    This option should ignore your disabled comments option and show the Facebook comment form regardless of that while the WP form shouldn't be showing anymore.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mike D

Im disappointed by the response, I didn't know it was no longer supported (I don't even know what that means coming from WPMUDEV). Access is granted, I hope you can help me out, thats why I'm a member.

I have built a couple of websites with it and its become a very core feature. Only this website http://bit.ly/2zJefDT (subsite of my multisite) is not working properly which leads me to suspect the problem is with the theme, not the FB plugin. Im also having issues with autopost to FB, its not using the correct image. Again, with these issues only happening on one of my sites, it leads me to believe the issue is with the theme.

I have tried "Override WordPress discussion settings" with no luck. Turning off FB comments turns off all comments. Enabling FB comments, enables WP comments also.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mike,

Ultimate Facebook, together with some other plugins, has been discontinued for over a year now, you can find more information about this on the page I have linked above.

If the issue is specific only to one subsite we can help with debugging this but if there's a bug with the plugin itself I'm afraid that we can't to much about that.

I see that you're suspecting your theme to be the issue here, have you tried switching to default WP theme to check if that's indeed the case?

About the changes not saving, is this also specific to that one subsite or is it happening on all of your subsites?

Best regards,
    Predrag