facebook comments not showing up

I installed the ultimate facebook plugin and set the comments to be used as facebook and over ride wordpress comments but the facebook coments are not showing at all??

Also I am using gravity forms so people can post pictures to the site.. I wanted to be able to automatically have these post appear on facebook page wall... I am not seeing a way to do this with this plugin... It wants you to select one user and would just like the post that people post using the gravity forms appear in the facebook page?

• DavidM

Hi scott74,

The comments aspect of the plugin, similar to the Comments Plus plugin, relies on your theme to provide hooks for the plugin to tie into. The plugin defaults to using the hooks provided by Twenty Eleven, which are used by many themes.

As some themes provide different hooks, it'll be necessary to find the hooks your theme is using for the comments. If you could find out from theme developer, that might be the easiest way. But you may be able to just take a look at your theme's comments.php file and search for any do_action() functions to see the relevant hooks it provides.

Could you take a look into that?

Thanks,
    David

• scott74

a.I sent in a tickdet for that dave to the theme guy... what code do i add to get like and send button to show up on category page in my template file... Its shows on individual post but not the blog or category as a whole... is that some code I can drop in the archive.php of my theme for this?

b. another thing is that i am autoposting post to fanpage wall... is there a way to chang show it shows the post title.. I was using networked blogs app but to fluky but like the way it showed up better

c. That link that at the top of the pic that auto posted my post to facebook leads back to a 404 error and not the post?? i am using a gravity forms form to so poeple can post there yard for yard of the montha having it go straight to wall of fanpage it that helps
    https://greenprintlawns.com/yard-of-the-month/

i need this to work.. Seems like always an issue

d. would also like it to post the the actual post title like it shows in networded blogs in the pic is there a way to do this?

• aecnu

Greetings scott74,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by
    yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live
    support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free
    to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as
    Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.