Facebook connect

Is this theme made to be compatible with the facebook connect like your others?
(I have installed your recommended plugin and I can't see any button. )

• Tammie

@hkcharlie: Not all our themes work like Social if a theme doesn't you will have to incorporate it. All our themes will work with it assuming it's just like any other plugin. It's just if they have an automatic button appear or feature it, if they don't you are going to have to add that in using the plugin's install information - just like any plugin and any theme. Many do not. I think it's only 2-3 maybe one more themes that do have facebook connect built in.

• hkcharlie

Thanks Tammie, I hear ya!
    But, quite incredible really - you stepped forward with the facebook connect; Stepped further forward with all the "like" buttons all over this one and then didn't add the facebook connect!
    Strange, was their a technical reason or thought behind this?
    It was almost the complete "sha-bang!"

Any idea how complicated it would be to pull the "like" magic out of MU and put it in Social?
    or for that matter,
    The Social login to the MU home page?

(OK, I know I've left it as a potential one word answer, but you can see where I'm coming from, right? :slight_smile:

• Tammie

@hkcharlie: Some people like it, some don't ... some themes have a slideshow.. some don't - it's all about choices and our themes cover them all :slight_smile: There was no 'decision' it's more many themes do things differently.

I don't think it would be too complicated but would take quite a few steps and not really covered by our support terms. Now, in saying this I do know Blogs-mu is due for an update very soon, whilst I do not know if this is part of it I can request this gets added. By requesting I am not guaranteeing or even saying it will.

What I will do to try and help is ask if it can be added as a user request and also see if someone can maybe point you in the right direction towards implementing this. I make no promises on either account though.