Facebook connect and like box widgets are not working

Dear Administrator,

I just purchased Ultimate Facebook few days ago and I already activated the settings (successfully connected). I can use Facebook album widget but I cannot trigger Facebook Connect and Like Box widgets in the frontage. Please kindly advise whether I need to activate any other user login/registration plugin in order to do so, please also suggest any compatible login/registration plugin.

My new website being developed is:
http://www.allsaintshk.org

Thanks a lot,
Michael

• aecnu

Greetings Michael,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having issue with your WordPress installation and the Ultimate Facebook plugin.

Thank you for including the URL to the site which enabled me to quickly find the issue which as shown on my screen shot below are a couple of them. I accomplished this by having just the site in my browser, Firefox or Chrome and using shift+control+J which shows the errors.

Now it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Noel,

Thank you for your input and I do not doubt you for a second, this happens every month at the beginning of the month when the Facebook developers throw the switch on their latest attempts at coding and throw a wrench in the system - it has been going on this way at the beginning of every month since March of 2012 starting when they tried to force everyone to log in to Facebook so they could get their ads in our faces for their IPO.

They are so incompetent that even when Facebook released their own competing plugin it did not work! Fact not fiction.

What version are you running? version 2.6.2?

In addition I beg to differ with you but though it may seem that they are having the same problems by checking the errors in the attached graphics it is clear that they in many cases have totally different issues though they may indeed have similar symptoms.

Now where is your input to help possibly figure out the issue other then pointing out the obvious? Web site URL? Screen shot of page errors etc?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Noel,

Thank you for letting me know and it still does not invalidate my claim, the lead developer just once again had to code around the wrench Facebook has thrown in there sir.

As I mentioned and it is still accurate that since March 2012 every month at the beginning of the month something goes wrong with the Ultimate Facebook plugin due to some change Facebook itself made.

The only other possible explanation is sir that everyone system broke at the same time with the same issue or have been hacked and changed the same files to cause the same error.

It is the way I have mentioned and I am sure you will see the pattern as time progresses - though I sincerely hope this is NOT the case ... lol

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.