Facebook Connect Does Nothing

With only Buddypress 1.5, the lates BP-mobile, and Buddpress default theme installed and activated, facebook connect button appears, but does nothing. This has been tested on all browsers and also iPhone/iPad.

• deltakid
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Did it work for you before? I have the same problems right now with registering users via the plugin. Seems to not really work. I get redirected to the /register/ page over and over again.

The permissions are set on Facebook but no user data is imported to wordpress at all and no user is created. I have reset everything and its the same.

• epilepsycf
    • Flash Drive

I actually have used WP-FB Autoconnect until today. The new BP mobile broke WP-FB autoconnect, so I thought I would give this a try as I pay for the WPMUdev subscription. It did not work at all. I am sure I set it up correctly in the WP backend, but when I log out to test the button, NOTHING happens.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi epilepsycf,

It sounds like it's possible that plugin is conflicting with Ultimate Facebook in a mobile browser. To see if that's the case, can you try deactivating that plugin and just viewing the site through the same mobile browser to see how the login works with that?

Just to add too, we can't really support our plugins working with all third party plugins but we'll do our best to see how we can sort these issues as they come up.

Thanks,
    David

• epilepsycf
    • Flash Drive

I have tested it on a 100% clean install running WP 3.2.1, BP 1.5 and ONLY Ultimate Facebook enabled and the button still does nothing. Even the "grant extended permissions" button does nothing. I have deleted it and reinstalled it with a fresh download from this site and no luck.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi epilepsycf,

Thanks for testing through all of that. Just to be sure though, that's not working properly even outside of the mobile browser, correct?

If that's the case, that should sort the mobile browser issue once we get the main issue fixed here.

This may have to do with the Facebook App setup. Do you have that App associated with this particular domain? Did you notice any errors setting up the App?

Also, when you do press the "Grant Extended Permissions" button, does it at least show an animated graphic or does it do nothing at all?

Lastly, are you able to utilize any of the other features of the plugin, such as any of the widgets? That'll help to see if the App is communicated to properly.

Thanks,
    David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.