Facebook Connect issue halting load of blog pages

Hi guys.

New problem has cropped up out of nowhere this morning.

When I navigate to one of my blog posts or an archive/category page, it loads the title and a bit of the meta information, then stops, without loading the rest of the post or the sidebar.

See the behaviour here; http://my.yarraprojectzero.org.au/blog/set-up-your-profile-picture/

or here;

http://my.yarraprojectzero.org.au/stories/

The error I see in Firebug is, ‘The “fb-root” div has not been created, auto-creating’

The only plugin that also uses the facebook connect js is your Comments Plus, but the problem persists with that plugin disabled.

• deanhewson
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ok, the first facebook connect bit of javascript that is being loaded has gone wonky – can you confirm that it should not look like this;

/*1353459519,173019445,JIT Construction: v676615,en_US*/
    /**
    * Copyright Facebook Inc.
    * Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0
    * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
    */
    try {window.FB || (function(window) {
    var self = window, document = window.document;
    var __DEV__ = 0;
    function emptyFunction() {};
    var require,__d;(function(a){var b={},c={},d=['global','require','requireDynamic','requireLazy','module','exports'];require=function(e,f){if(c.hasOwnProperty(e))return c[e];if(!b.hasOwnProperty(e)){if(f)return null;throw new Error('Module '+e+' has not been defined');}var g=b[e],h=g.deps,i=h.length,j,k=[];for(var l=0;l<i;l++){switch(h[l]){case 'module':j=g;break;case 'exports':j=g.exports;break;case 'global':j=a;break;case 'require':j=require;break;case 'requireDynamic':j=require;break;case 'requireLazy':j=null;break;default:j=require(h[l]);}k.push(j);}g.factory.apply(a,k);c[e]=g.exports;return g.exports;};__d=function(e,f,g,h){switch(typeof g){case 'function':b[e]={factory:g,deps:d.concat(f),exports:{}};if(h===3)require(e);break;case 'object':c[e]=g;break;default:throw new TypeError('Wrong type for factory object');}};})(this);
    var ES5 = function(){
    __d("ES5ArrayPrototype",[],function(a,b,c,d,e,f){var g={};g.map=function(h,i){if(typeof h!='function')throw new TypeError();var j,k=this.length,l=new Array(k);for(j=0;j<k;++j)if(j in this)l[j]=h.call(i,this[j],j,this);return l;};g.forEach=function(h,i){g.map.call(this,h,i);};g.filter=function(h,i){if(typeof h!='function')throw new TypeError();var j,k,l=this.length,m=[];for(j=0;j<l;++j)if(j in this){k=this[j];if(h.call(i,k,j,this))m.push(k);}return m;};g.every=function(h,i){if(typeof h!='function')throw new TypeError();var j=new Object(this),k=j.length;for(var l=0;l<k;l++)if(l in j)if(!h.call(i,j[l],l,j))return false;return true;};g.some=function(h,i){if(typeof h!='function')throw new TypeError();var j=new Object(this),k=j.length;for(var l=0;l<k;l++)if(l in j)if(h.call(i,j[l],l,j))return true;return false;};g.indexOf=function(h,i){var j=this.length;i|=0;if(i<0)i+=j;for(;i<j;i++)if(i in this&&this===h)return i;return -1;};e.exports=g;});
    __d("ES5FunctionPrototype",[],function(a,b,c,d,e,f){var g={};g.bind=function(h){if(typeof this!='function')throw new TypeError('Bind must be called on a function');var i=this,j=Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments,1);function k(){return i.apply(h,j.concat(Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments)));}k.displayName='bound:'+(i.displayName||i.name||'(?)');k.toString=function l(){return 'bound: '+i;};return k;};e.exports=g;});
    __d("ES5StringPrototype",[],function(a,b,c,d,e,f){var g={};g.trim=function(){if(this==null)throw new TypeError('String.prototype.trim called on null or undefined');return String.prototype.replace.call(this,/^s+|s+$/g,'');};e.exports=g;});
    __d("ES5Array",[],function(a,b,c,d,e,f){var g={};g.isArray=function(h){return Object.prototype.toString.call(h)=='[object Array]';};e.exports=g;});

• deanhewson
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Alright, all fixed.

I’d disabled the theme option for including a facebook like box on a single post, and the problem persisted. I re uploaded the basic theme files, and then turned that option off again and now it’s working fine.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.