Facebook Connect login stopped working

Logging in with FB seems to have stopped working although settings have not changed since it was configured, setup and tested. Whats happening? Access granted.

• Rupok

Hi Mike D,

Logging in with FB seems to have stopped working

I went to your site and tried to login with my FB account and I could login fine without any issue. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Can you please tell us details regarding what happens when you click "Login with Facebook" button? A screenshot will be appreciated.

So I think, either there is an issue with the facebook account you are trying to login with or there is issue in your browser but there is nothing wrong. Can you please try to login with another fb account? Can you please try clearing cache and cookies from your browser and try again? Can you please try from another browser?

Please let us know how it goes. If you can regenerate this with different facebook account and in different browser, please inform us. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Mike D,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Did you meant that the login using FB account was working before? Or it doesn't work at all? I tested in my system, with the FB account which was used to configure the Ultimate Facebook plugin, and I was able to login without any issues.

Since you did mention that it was working fine before, could you please try logging in with all the plugins disabled, except UF plugin, and see whether it makes any different. Which browser did you try? You meant the Login with Facebook button disappears after you try to login using your fb id? or the button doesn't appear at all?

I guess you are try to login using the realtor user id, I was able to notice WDFBModel::get_user_api_token Missing Facebook user id in the error log, under Facebook > Error Log.

Could you please try resetting the token, under Facebook > Facebook Settings > Permissions & Tokens. , and check whether it helps.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Mike D

Did you meant that the login using FB account was working before?

Yes, it worked initially. For how long, I'm not sure.

Which browser did you try? You meant the Login with Facebook button disappears after you try to login using your fb id? or the button doesn't appear at all?

I tried Safari and Chrome on OSX. Yes, when I press Login with Facebook, it shows the animated icon for a moment and then the button disappears from the login page. At that point it looks like I'm logged into FB but I'm still not logged into the site.

I guess you are try to login using the realtor user id,

No, I used the user Mike to setup UF and to test the login. The user Realtor is admin only. The reasons for two accounts is that I don't want to publish blog posts with the admin user so I am trying to use the FB account to login and post articles etc..

I will try resetting the tokens before a plugin test. Deactivating plugins causes a lot of problems. For example when I deactivate the Snapshot plugin, the keys disappear and I have to setup the managed backup settings again. Similar problems occur with many other plugins so a plugin test creates a lot of headaches for me.

• Mike D

Ok, so resetting the token did not work. But checking the "use minimal permissions" seems to have worked. This part of the plugin is confusing. It says "Grant Extended Permissions" and then it says "Use minimal possible permission set".

I have no idea what either minimum or extended permissions means in this context but I'm glad its working so far. I will leave the post open until I'm sure this is what fixed it.

Thank you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.