facebook connect on wp-signup.php

hey

is there a way we can add facebook connect on wp-signup.php, i would like users to have have both options when they are signing up.

thanls

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya nelnehal,

Under the Facebook Connect settings, do you have the option checked for ‘Allow users to register with Facebook’? There should also be a checkbox to ‘force’ the visitor to register via facebook.

Multisite support for this is, I think, currently in development but may be finished at this point. Anyway, the options are there and I just ran a test on an individual WordPress site and it worked correctly.

Moving this to feature suggestions and will ask the developer to respond if necessary.

Thanks!

• teachforus
    • Flash Drive

Def looking for the multisite solution on this.

We restrict users to register by email address. Optimum is to allow them to connect after registration at some point so that their blog posts automatically share to their FB feed. We can’t require them to set up an app on FB — too much friction.

• nelnehal
    • The Incredible Code Injector

thanks guys

i removed the force facebook user registration, and the button shows up in the wp-signup.php.

suggestion: if the facebook connect button only showed up if the user was logged out, it would be good as it also shows up on wp-signup.php when user is already logged in but trying to create a new blog

cheers

• teachforus
    • Flash Drive

Mason,

Can you update on whether the Facebook connect will allow for account linking //after// a user account has been created on the wordpress installation? We need to link to Fbook after a user registers in order to restrict accounts to certain email addresses. I just realized this is a bit separate from the wp-signup.php issue that this thread encompasses.

adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.