Facebook Connect Registration Page

On the registration page using facebook connect, users are forced to create a site.

Is it possible with this pluign to allow users to register with facebook but not create a site.

• aecnu

Greetings Tim,

On the registration page using facebook connect, users are forced to create a site.

Are you using the Pro Sites plugin?

Is it possible with this pluign to allow users to register with facebook but not create a site.

Thanks for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

We are currently testing this out in our development environment, and I'm going to discuss it with the lead developer.

Thanks again for bringing this up, and of course for being a WPMU Dev member. We will get back to you asap

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings Tim,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• zternal

If you can't wait for the official development, I was actually looking for the same functionality. I like all the other features that Ultimate Facebook offers, so I looked into the code. The developers made it very easy to identify since blog creation looks to be segmented by the wp_grant_blog flag. In the future, perhaps this could be a setting in the admin screen.

This isn't the cleanest change, but I tried to make the least amount of changes here:

class_wdfb_public_pages.php, line 248, set wp_grant_blog to false:
    'if ('all' == $reg) $wp_grant_blog = false;'

wdfb_utilities.php, line 17, set wp_grant_blog to false:
    'if ('all' == $reg) $wp_grant_blog = false;'

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.