Facebook Events Sync with Events +

I need to know how to sync Facebook events with events + plugin.

• rbrooks12
    • Flash Drive

I created an app in Facebook. I retrieved the app id and the app secret and entered it into the Events+ plugin. I tried to authenticate the "Facebook Events Import Settings" and it gave me the following error

"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains."

Any ideas what the error means? Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings rbrooks12,

Thank you for the additional input and sorry to see you are having a hassle getting this configured.

Any ideas what the error means?

One of the most common problems folks have with this plugin is they try to mix and match the domain names and use www in the Facebook application which is a big mistake.

Please check your domain name entries and make sure they are consistent through out and not using the www in any event.

Also, do I really need to purchase an SSL to get Facebook to talk to my website with the Events+ plugin?

To the best of my knowledge that is a thing of the past and I do not seem to be having any issues doing this on my test production server installation and the test site does not have SSL on it.

Let me know how it goes after you have triple checked for a non www matching domain name throughout your installation.

Look forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.