Facebook Feed

I was hoping to be able to get a facebook feed on my site with the Ultimate Facebook plugin. If it is possible I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I configured the plug in and it is working but I don't see an option to add a feed. Any input is welcomed.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello HTMLGLobal,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not sure if I'm following you on this one. With Ultimate Facebook you can e.g. fetch/push comments from/to Facebook, autopost newly added posts to your Facebook fanpage wall or e.g. add a Facebook "LikeBox" that can include "stream" (activities on your fanpage). The latter seems to be the closest to what you asked but I guess that may not be exactly what you want.

That said, could you please explain a bit more what would you like to achieve - what do you mean by "adding a feed" and what/which feed do you have in mind?

Please advice!

Best regards,
    Adam

• HTMLGlobal
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Adam,

What I would like is to have recent posts from my facebook account appear on a section of my website. Preferably the last 4 most recent posts appearing in a section of a page that I could set up with shortcodes, in a visual composer container. This is what I meant by a Facebook Feed.

Thank You,
    Brandon

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Brandon!

Thank you for this explanation.

The Ultimate Facebook plugin currently does not include such feature. The closes would be the "like box" widget that you can add to your site via "Appearance -> Widgets" and set to
    - not show header
    - not show faces
    - show stream

This is not exactly what you're asking for, though.

I think this plugin would help you instead:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-facebook-feed/

I tested it on my own setup and it seems to be working fine. It may need some CSS adjustments but it does what you need, including even a shortcode.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.