Facebook Icon link to FB page?

I'm trying to link the small FB icon in the header back to our FB page, but no amount of clicking around has led me to a place to enter the URL.

Also, I tried to insert a "Like" button in the header, it never appears.

Thanks.

• Nastia

Hello @Joe, I hope you are well today!

Please open your page in Upfront mode, hover over the Facebook icon and click on "Settings" option. It will open a HTML code editor. Locate the following line:
    <a href="http://facebook.com" target="_blank">
    and replace the facebook.com with your page URL.

I'm assuming that you have generated the code from https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/like-button.

Please use the code element to insert the generated code. Drag the Code element to the header, select "Embed 3rd Party code" and paste the code there.

Let us know if you continue to have issue with this.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Joe

Nastia--
    I got the first part taken care of--the FB icon in the header. Thanks.

I'm sorry, but I'm not following you when you say to "Drag the code element to the header" I don't see/can't find the option to "Embed 3rd party code" The box that shows up when I drag the element onto the page only has the option to enter the FB page URL, which obviously isn't working.
    What am I missing here?

• Joe

Continued to read the tutorial. I tried the Code element--dragged it onto the page, entered the embedded code from FB, and...nothing. The area still stays blank.

I'm suspecting pilot error here somewhere, just can't figure out where. As another example, I tried the Slider element, loaded some images, set the rotation speed and style. The pictures are there, and you can scroll through them using the arrows or buttons. But they won't change on their own.
    (Sorry I just didn't have the heart to start yet another thread.)

• Joe

Interesting. I continue to play. The Slider doesn't slide on the Upfront page, but it works fine when I load the page on another browser.

Similarly, the FB Like Box appears on the other browser, but not on the Upfront page. Makes it a bit of a challenge to keep track of it, but at least I know how to get it there.

I'll leave this unresolved until I hear why the Like Box does not appear on the Upfront edit page.

Thanks.

• Sajid

Hi @Joe,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am glad to know that you are learning Upfront framework.

I tried to replicate the Like Box Error on live demo site but its working perfectly fine there. It shows the like box in upfront editor for me as seen in attached screenshot.

The possible reason of like box not showing in one browser can be that you are logged in as fan page. Facebook does not like that and detects if login as fan-page then will ask you switch to your personal account to see the like box. The other possible reasons can your privacy settings where FB required you to login to verify your age, sex, region etc... according to your settings.

I also tried added like button with third party embed code it that also worked fine for me. But I would still recommend you using the built in Like Box element of upfront.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.