Facebook Like Button

Should I see my comment and like on my facebook wall after clicking the facebook like button?

I clicked on the Facebook Like button, and added a comment in the box that appears after that, but I did not see my comment or my like on Facebook.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Marcio,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

When you click “like” it doesn’t appear as a “status” on your Facebook wall. This applies to all “Like” buttons around the web. Instead the “like count” for this particular content (URL) is increased in FB database and also your Facebook friends (at least some of them) may see the message “Marcio liked “SOME TITLE””. This is the regular way the FB Like button works :slight_smile:

As for comment. I’m not quite sure to what comment are you referring to as “Social Marketing” plugin itself doesn’t create comment form. Could you please share a screenshot with me or point me to a page of your site where I could test it myself?

Best regards,

Adam

• Marcio
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam,

I am very well thank you, and I hope you are well too!!

Thank you for your feedback.

Here is a link: http://vamoscolombia.co/free-copaamerica2016-wallchart/

I have attached a screenshot of the comment box.

I find the "show share button" option displayed next to the Facebook icon, in the settings of the advert created in the social marketing plugin to be misleading. As clicking on the Like button, does not share the content (which is what I wanted to achieve with this plugin).

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Marcio,

I just tested your page with my FB test account and the like was shown on my wall straight away:

Can you try clearing your browser cache and try again or try different browser?

If you can see it when using another browser can you tell me which one is not working so I could try testing in same conditions?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Marcio!

I’m not sure if we’re on the same side here so let’s clarify this, please :slight_smile:

Did you “Liked” the post on your own page using your own account and this didn’t show up on your wall on that account? Or are these two different accounts?

I’m a little confused here, please advise!

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.