Facebook Like not appearing on Marketpress products

I'm using both Ultimate Facebook and Marketpress. I've got the "Like" feature working on blog posts and pages, but not Marketpress products.

I thought of using the shortcode for the products, but of course, I'd need to use it for blog posts as well in that case. So, side question: why does the shortcode have to be disabled unless you opt for it specifically in the display settings? Would have been handy to have it enabled in this case.

Thanks.

• aecnu

Greetings CantusFirmus,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I'm using both Ultimate Facebook and Marketpress. I've got the "Like" feature working on blog posts and pages, but not Marketpress products.

I thought of using the shortcode for the products, but of course, I'd need to use it for blog posts as well in that case.

There are a few options to this of course and absolutely relative to the theme you are using.

However, it is clear to me that in this ticket you realize about using Market Press shortcodes, but what you did not mention was custom embedding (hard coding) Ultimate Facebook shortcodes into the theme page itself that Market Press is using to render your pages which seems like the most efficient way to accomplish this task.

So, side question: why does the shortcode have to be disabled unless you opt for it specifically in the display settings? Would have been handy to have it enabled in this case.

This is done due to special settings need to be made in order for the shortcode to work, and since they are optional settings, this brings to the attention to the developer that these special settings need to be made for the shortcode to work.

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• CantusFirmus

Many thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay following up.

However, it is clear to me that in this ticket you realize about using Market Press shortcodes, but what you did not mention was custom embedding (hard coding) Ultimate Facebook shortcodes into the theme page itself that Market Press is using to render your pages which seems like the most efficient way to accomplish this task.

Other than the do_shortcode() function, is there some other way to accomplish this? This doesn't work, and I can't find the Ultimate Facebook function anywhere. It does seem like a good solution for this, if I can get it figured out.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.