Facebook like not working with Pay With a Like Plugin

When I hit the Facebook Like option on my page it doesn't send the shared link to Facebook or send the user to the rest of the page content. The other social buttons work well. I also tried disabling running the Facebook script which is one of the options inside of the plugin, but that didn't work either. Any ideas?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@Jason Verdelli,

This is likely a conflict with both plugins loading the facebook API. The first thing I'd suggest is use the option to not load facebook, but you've already tried that.

Can you check the javascript console for errors? In Chrome go to "View -> Developer -> Javascript Console" and in Firefox you can go to "Tools -> Web Developer -> Console"

Also, would you mind giving a link to a page where this is happening so I can take a closer look?

Best regards

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Jason Verdelli

Just picking a random post from your blog section as well as on the home page I see JS errors. But I don't see these from PWAL

I'm in FF lastest on OS X

On the blog post
    http://socialhubsite.com/2013/04/12/want-to-set-up-a-network-of-wordpress-sites/

I see an error from fep.js which appears to be a front end profile editor.

On your home page I see a different error. This one from the all.js. I know all.js is the Facebook JavaScript all plugins load. This might be effected by some other JS leaving off or adding an additional }

Hope this helps. On one page I showed two copies of the all.js loading. Now cannot fond it. Maybe you are still tweaking settings. You do appear to have well over a dozen JS files loading. Could just be a conflict somewhere. Maybe try disabling the FEP plugin or limit it to loading only on pages where needed.

• Brian Durost
    • Recruit

Paul,

Thank you for looking into this. I tried deactivating the Front End Profile Editor plugin and didn't see any errors in the Chrome developer section. It's only the Facebook Like that seems to be the issue. I'll keep trying to see if it has something to do with another plugin. Any other thoughts in the meantime?

Thanks.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Jason Verdelli,

99.99% of the time is comes down to a JS conflict. Usually there are multiple copies of the all.js library loaded. So the best advice I can offer is start deactivating the plugin to see if you can find the issue. I realize this is not always possible on a live site.

The PWAL plugin really doesn't do that much. It create the placeholder list items for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ Then loads the associate JS social libraries. When these libraries load they replace the HTML elements with the actual buttons and click actions.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.