Facebook like/send button on blog post, media only

Hi there,

I want to use the Facebook like/send button for my written blog content and video blog content only. Is there a way for me to only have it appear in those types vs. everywhere on my website?

I tried pasting the shortcode to the blog's tag box but didn't see it appear. Is there something I should be doing per content or in settings?

superspark.superspark.co

thanks,
Troy

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Troy,

Thank you for your question.

What do you mean by "for my written blog content"?

Are you separating your posts using post format like video?

I tried pasting the shortcode to the blog's tag box but didn't see it appear. Is there something I should be doing per content or in settings?

Which shortcode have you used and what do you mean by "blog's tag box "?

You can configure it to where to display from the following path as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Admin -> Facebook -> Facebook settings -> Facebook Like/Send Button

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• superspark.co

What do you mean by "for my written blog content"? screenshot attached

Are you separating your posts using post format like video?I will have both written post and video post, sometimes separate and sometimes combined.

Which shortcode have you used and what do you mean by "blog's tag box "? screenshot attached

You can configure it to where to display from the following path as displayed in the attached screenshot. (under button position "Manual, use shortcodes in the contents of your post" is what I don't understand.

Admin -> Facebook -> Facebook settings -> Facebook Like/Send Button

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Troy,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

Will the manual setting stop the automatic appear?

under button position "Manual, use shortcodes in the contents of your post" is what I don't understand.

Yes if you use the manual button position option then the facebook like / send buttons won't display automatically and you will have to use shortcode [wdfb_like_button] in the contents of your post to display it.

You will find more information about it on the following page and video.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-facebook/#usage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeTKcAPWS9I&list=PLV1BcivFAIdtOy-6iY4Da_9Ol1qV5xPj4

I saw your attached screenshot and i think you are referring post content as blog's tag box but i didn't see any shortcode inserted in it as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Also you didn't answer my previous question that Which shortcode are you using?

Please advise.

I want to use the Facebook like/send button for my written blog content and video blog content only. Is there a way for me to only have it appear in those types vs. everywhere on my website?

You can use Manual button position option and add button shortcode manually in to those posts to display facebook like/send button but if you want to display these buttons on blog content and video blog content posts automatically and not on any other posts then you will have to develop custom code to achieve it.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.