facebook login button not appearing on login form, only text.

Hello again.

http://ads.gfabrecords.com/class

if a user is not logged in on facebook from teh home page and clicks an orange button on my page to manage ads or post ads it quite rightly redirects the user to the login page.
however, the facebook login button is not appearing there, only teh text of it?

any ideas?

thanks again.
Brad

• aecnu

Greetings bradholland :slight_smile:

sir I see exactly what you mean from the main page FaceBook has the logo and the background and on the Post an Ad page they disappear.

The Home Page relevant code:

<div class="header_top_res">

<p class="wdfb_login_button"><fb:login-button scope="user_about_me,user_birthday,user_education_history,user_events,user_hometown,user_location,user_relationships,user_religion_politics,user_birthday,user_likes,email" redirect-url="http://ads.gfabrecords.com/class">Connect to Costa Blanca Classifieds with Facebook</fb:login-button></p>

The Ad Post Page relevant code:

<div class="header_top_res">

<p class="wdfb_login_button"><fb:login-button scope="user_about_me,user_birthday,user_education_history,user_events,user_hometown,user_location,user_relationships,user_religion_politics,user_birthday,user_likes,email" redirect-url="http://ads.gfabrecords.com/class">Connect to Costa Blanca Classifieds with Facebook</fb:login-button></p>

After comparing the two and finding no differences I am at this point inclined to think that the Login Form or something related therein is somehow conflicting with the FaceBook Header and the same with the manage ads page.

Note the Product pages or category pages show it as it should be.

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings bradholland :slight_smile:

sir since you and I have concluded that it is a problem with the login form interfering with the FaceBook Plugin it is my conclusion that one of them needs to be replaced.

Of course the Login Form is the first one that comes to mind since everything else is working except on this page.

Therefore may I suggest trying a different method of Login Form to possibly include considering This Login Widget.

• bradholland

hi Joe,
    that login widget redirects to someones post?

I'm getting myself all confused here. sorry you will have to bear with me I am a VERY amateur coder that can just about understand the basics of what the pages do.

In reality, I dont want a 'login' form, i ONLY want users to connect via facebook so that they can post private ads.
    Is there not someway here to completley do away with any login/password?

of course, i would still need to be able to login as admin.

sorry if i am coming across as totally thick.

Cheers
    Brad

• aecnu

Greetings Brad :slight_smile:

no problem at all sir - take your time and you will be successful.

You are right that I made a mistake with the Login Widget URL

I just checked your site and see that things are totally changed around making it right now a mute point to try to help within the confines of this ticket.

I am closing this ticket sir and if you have another issue you would like to discuss please feel free to open another ticket and we will be right on it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.