Facebook login in Membership 2

Is there any way of integrating a Facebook login with M2? I would like an easy way for members to login via Facebook.

• Jason Williscroft
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that - but i'm a bit confused. You say they can login or create an account but will still need to select a membership plan. If thats the case then thats perfect as thats what i want. I am a bit confused about the emails being the same though - if they don't already have an account then no email address will be held on the Wordpress site.

If it works though as you say - that would be good - i would like to take advantage of the simple login with Facebook thing to get more users.

I have installed the Ultimate Facebook plugin and done the steps through Facebook to get the App side authorised. I am struggling with the widgets though and how/where to place them - could you advise on that?

Also - what happens about the extra profiles i have asked for on my registration? Do they login with Facebook and then choose a membership and fill them out? How do i get them to the registration page after logging in with Facebook?

A walk through on the whole set up with Ultimate Facebook and M2 would be good.

• Paul Kevin
      • Neo

Hello Jason Williscroft ,

Once the plugin is set up you will need to define the redirect URL in the Ultimate Facebook settings to point to the Membership List page which should be {siteurl}/memberships depending on your settings. Once a user registers with Facebook they will be redirected to this page where they will select the Membership plan they want to use.
      Could you confirm which version of Ultimate Facebook you are using as the one from WPMU Dev was discontinued and I am not 100% sure of the Widget errors you may be getting.

• Jason Williscroft
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Update - i have worked out how to get the widget turned on and i have put it in the main sidebar. If you click on the 'join us' page it should then show in the sidebar. When you aren't logged in the 'facebook login/register' text shows but not the image underneath to click on. If you then go to the 'my account, login' tab at the top the facebook image underneath the text immediately shows.

I've checked and there is no media protection active so i can't work out why this is happening. I have enabled support on the site but i have deactivated the Facebook plugin for now so it doesnt show at the moment - you'll need to reactivate it to get the error to show.

Any help please? I have some URL's protected in the M2 settings - will they be upsetting it?

• Paul Kevin
      • Neo

Hello Jason Williscroft ,

Sorry for the late response on this. Glad you got the membership login working. Regarding the Facebook plugin, I cant really tell at this time what the issue is, you might have to contact a developer to look into it or opt for another Facebook plugin. I believe somethings changed in the Facebook api and the Ultimate Facebook plugin might not have all updates, hence the errors you are getting.

Warm Regards
      Paul Kevin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.