facebook login is not working

When I press "login with facebook" button I'm just redirect to the top of the page and nothing happens. I've tried to turn of all other plugins that use facebook but still the same.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Seeing as you have another Facebook plugin installed, it's a matter of finding the right path for the two to work together. One way we could try is if you could please make sure that your Facebook plugin is NOT adding another fb-root DIV element, then uncheck the "Pages on my website already use javascript from Facebook" in your Comments Plus options?

Alternatively, can you please check and see if your plugin supports adding the Facebook initialization script in some way - if it does, it will typically ask you to create a Facebook app and enter its ID and secret in plugin settings.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

The easiest way would be using Firefox and Firebug plugin, or Chrome and Chrome Inspector. Using either tool, the process is similar. Once the page loads, open up your Firebug console (in Chrome, open the inspector and switch to "Console"). In your console prompt, type in this piece of code and press Enter:

jQuery('div#fb-root')

You should see 2 elements listed. In Firebug, you can just click on either of elements to go directly to where it's defined in the source. In Chrome, you'll want to right-click the listed element and select "Reveal in Elements Panel".

Also, one thing to keep in mind is caching. While you're testing this, you'll want to either temporarily disable any cache plugin you may have active, or to rebuild the cache each time you make a change.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Just a quick update, there is another way to solve your issue with the latest plugin release (v1.3, just released). The new version comes with an add-on named "Alternative Facebook Initialization", which could help you solve the issue. Working with it is simple - you just activate it, and check or uncheck the "Pages on my website already use javascript from Facebook" checkbox in your settings, depending on the circumstances. In your case, you may want to start with checkbox checked.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.