Facebook login works but comments field don't appear

So I have google and twitter working correctly. With facebook, I click the login button and the popup lets me login correctly. But when the popup closes, the comments area is not updated with a text box for the user to enter their comment.

Wordpress version: 3.2.1
Plugin version: 1.1.3

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi targetdir,

Hmm, seems a bit tougher to troubleshoot given the previous versions you're using, there were a few recent changes that provided some additional compatibility adjustments.

However, there are a couple basic things to check. Could you try switching to Twenty Eleven theme really quickly to see how it works with that?

Also, any chance you could try deactivating other plugins to make sure there's not a plugin conflict? If you're using another Facebook plugin that could be the case.

If possible, could you provide a link? We may be able to spot a javascript issue that way.

Thanks,
    David

• targetdir
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi David,

I never knew that my plugin version was so outdated. I never got the notification in the wordpress plugins page. I am NOT installing a plugin(update notifications plugin) that updates me about new versions of plugins since this is a built-in wordpress feature. Why do you not use that built-in functionality?

Anyways, I updated the plugin to the latest version (1.3.1) and it fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey targetdir.

The WordPress updater processes updates through WordPress.org repository. Our plugins are no that website and thus would not work with the current updater function they have.

This is why we have our own version for our plugins.

If that is an issue for you then unfortunately the only way to grab our updates would be to visit out site, login and download them.

Take care and have a great new year! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.